Wednesday, October 6, 2010

the life of a biker chick!!!

When I worked at the bank, I had the pleasure of meeting and befriending several of the employees at Harley Davidson here in Mobile.  I shared with them my husbands obsessive passion to one day own a bike, and in return, they have befriended my husband and helped fuel the already burning fire.  For Brett's birthday, one of the girls at the store gave me a gift certificate that allowed Brett a free weekend rental of his choice.  Now, I spent actual MONEY on his birthday gifts, but this free certificate topped it all off!!  He immediately made plans to have my Aunt Pooh (who owns a harley) and her friend Elaine (who owns a yamahahaha) to come up one weekend in September and ride their harley's together.  I must admit to you that I was quietly reserved and nervous, but I knew that my husband was thrilled, so I kept my thoughts to myself like a polite young lady would.  The months of July and August flew quickly by, and September finally came along with the weekend of the awaited bike ride.  My stomach stayed in knots and I was silently sending prayers up to God that my husband would be safe.  Saturday, Brett, Pooh, and Elaine rode their bikes all day until time for the Auburn game.  They drove their bikes to Dauphin Island, caught a fairy, rode the fairy to Gulf Shores, and rode back to Mobile.  The whole time they were gone, I was waiting for my phone to ring so I could hear my husbands voice and know that he was still alive.  Thankfully, they returned home safely and I was able to watch the Auburn game with a peace of mind.  The next day, my husband informed me that he would be driving me to church on his rented harley....  I wanted to do it because I knew he wanted me to do it, but I was sick to my stomach nervous!!!  When we left the house for church on this bike, all I could think was "What would me parents think if they knew"...lol!!!  When I walked into church with a biker's helmet, I felt like a true biker chick.  I left church after worship so we could ride with Pooh and Elaine before they left.  Ok people, I must admit....I LOVED every minute of it.  There is nothing like the feeling of being on the back of a bike with the person you love, and just driving in the open air.  I felt like a new woman!!!  The day was full of memories...it rained on us as we were making our way home, and we had to stop and find refuge.  We ended up stopping somewhere close to Daphne and hiding under a house that was not completely built yet.  All I could do was laugh.  Heck, if were gonna be bikers, we might as well do it all the way and ride in the rain!!! 

I was sad to see the weekend go, but thankfully the next weekend was bike week in Panama City and we were able to meet my Aunt Pooh, Elaine, and their friends there.  Again, this only made Brett's need for a bike even worse.  We had such a great time and met some wonderful people within these two days.  I say all this to say...I believe that one day, I will officially become a biker chick for REAL!!!  I am finally on board with Brett, and I hope that the future holds a nice Harley for my husband accompanied with a NICE...COMFORTABLE back seat for me and my toosh!!! 

Brett getting ready to leave the Harley Davidson Dealership



He's so excited he can barely stand it!!

And they're off!!!



Getting ready to leave for church!! Lord keep me safe!!

What am I doing?!?!

Hey mom, hey dad!!



In Panama for bike week

Brett revved his bike up just for this picture...

This is my Biker husband!!



Hope you guys enjoy the pictures!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Looks and sounds like so much fun!!! I would love to have a bike of my own one day (but that's probably not gonna happen). So I'm just gonna live vicariously through you and Brett!

    ReplyDelete